Sunday 4 July 2010

3rd of July, Fair on the Green

This past saturday, ♥bakers were at the Fair on the Green on Parson's Green.

After a whole day of baking on Friday, and a frantic night of packing, Katie left for Finland to go to a wedding, leaving me in charge with very many notes, and her body double/sister, Cleo, to man the stall at the fair.

With half of the ♥bakers missing, I get to upload pictures and ramble on with many a grammatical and spelling mistakes. Hurrah!

Cleo was an excellent sales woman, and you could hardly tell the difference that it was Cleo (not Katie) from the back!

We had many positive feedback from the customers, on the quality of our cakes and the display of our stall! Many returned and brought their friends, and we even had a few customers who remembered us from last year, coming back for more of the raspberry brownies and passion fruit cupcakes.

On the drive back after the fair finished, I had a tray of left over cakes on my lap. When we stopped at a traffic light at vauxhall bridge, a scooter pulled up next to us, and a girl on the back seat spotted the cakes and was pointing and screaming at our cakes. So I rolled my window down and handed one to her! As they drove away, she shouted 'you've made my day!!!'. That's what we like to hear :).

Here are some photos from the fair. My only regret is not having a better documentation of some of the masterpieces that Katie created while sprinkling the cupcakes with her artistic talent...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment